Spring is finally here and so are these 11 ways to make the most of this lovely season!
1. On your next ride across the George Washington Bridge, stop for a free coffee and snack (3/23 through 4/1) at the new Café Toga on 9W.
2. Bike to the New York City Green Festival and get in for free.
3. Get a bike within your budget at one of these two spring Bike Jumbles.
4. Strengthen your core for climbing with this yoga class at Bicycle Habitat every Wednesday at 7:30pm.
5. Take a spring-inspired Citi Bike to do some farmers market shopping or for no reason at all but to ride this pretty thing.
The limited-edition Armory Show Citi Bike — perfect for a spring ride. Image via Velojoy.
6. Let Get Up and Ride plan an off the beaten bike adventure around town, so you can just enjoy the ride—and the surprises along the way.
7. Get out of town and go on a self-guided bike tour of North Fork vineyards. (Psst, it only costs $5 to bring your bike on the train, forever.)
8. Book a night at a bike-friendly hotel like Kimpton, Affinia or any of these Long Island properties where two wheels are complimentary to guests.
9. Explore the Rockaway Peninsula on the Outdoor FEST Rockaway Bike Tour, then eat a Rockaway Taco and watch the surfers.
10. Celebrate National Bike to Work Day on May 16 by doing what you do every day.
11. Starting April 2, take advantage of free camping in Cedar Point County Park in East Hampton when you bring your bike.
offMetro.com is a green travel guide based in New York and San Francisco. Described by Lonely Planet as one of the Top 11 most reliable websites in responsible travel, oM reports on the best day trips and weekend getaways — all car-free — from Manhattan.
[Featured image c/o Flickr user japp1967]