DateSunday, July 12, 2015
20-mile ride: 8:00 am
Start and Finish Location
$17.50 - T.A. Members
This year’s Tour de Queens will start and end in tree-lined Astoria Park, a stone’s throw from the East River. The tour will be approximately 20 miles through some fabulous neighborhoods, including Long Island City, Sunnyside, Rego Park, Forest Hills, and Corona. Our rest stop will be at one of Queens’ most beautiful but overlooked parks, Juniper Valley Park in Middle Village
Registration for Tour de Queens is now closed. There will be no day-of registration for this ride.
How the Ride Operates
- The tour rides en masse and will have a family-friendly pace (in other words, slow). This is not a race.
- NYPD escorts the ride as a rolling parade, and there will be occasional stops while the police and marshals secure intersections and gather riders.
- The tour will be will be supported by safety marshals.
- Light snacks and water will be available at the rest stop, located approximately halfway through the tour. Please bring your own water bottle.
- There is no SAG vehicle for the tour. If you have serious mechanical troubles or become exhausted on the tour, marshals will help you reach the nearest subway station or direct you to a bike shop.
- We will be riding down two-way streets. Please stay on your side of the road while riding in the Tour
The 2015 Tour de Queens will start in Astoria Park, in the parking lot of 19th St and Hoyt Ave N.
Public Transportation: N/Q train to Astoria-Ditmars stop
We encourage you to ride your bike or take public transportation to the tour. If you must drive, be aware that there is limited street parking in the area. Tour de Queens participants are not allowed to park in the Astoria Park parking lot.
Volunteer questions? Please contact email@example.com.